Travel Directions to Hoogwaterhuis Guesthouse Hangklip
- Travelling from Cape Town, take the N2 in the direction of the airport.
- Continue past the airport to Somerset West.
- Pass Somerset West and continue towards Sir Lowry’s Pass.
- You will reach a set of traffic lights at the Gordon’s Bay/Kleinmond turnoff
- Turn right at these traffic lights onto Sir Lowry road in the direction of Gordon’s Bay.
- At the end of Sir Lowry Rd there is a T junction – turn left onto Clarence Drive (the R44).
- Continue along Clarence Drive, one of the most scenic mountain passes in the Overberg.
- Drive right through Rooi Els and continue until you see the Pringle Bay/Hangklip sign on your right.
- Turn right into Pringle Bay and continue straight along this road (go around the circle and carry on straight ahead) until the road becomes gravel – now continue along the gravel road and pass the Hangklip Hotel on your left.
- Travel for another 1,6 km along the gravel road. On your right, you will see a farm gate between two white H-beams. This is the entrance to Hoogwaterhuis
ACCESS TO HOOGWATERHUIS
Hoogwaterhuis is located on a farm. Access is via a winding farm road. Please note Luxury Vehicles with low suspensions are not recommended. Standard cars, Bakkies and 4 Wheel drives are more suitable.
Direct access to the house is by 4×4 vehicles only. For standard cars, there are two areas where one can park. It is approximately a 2 minute walk to the house from nearest parking point for standard cars.